* The Trinity:
- Generates-Brahma, Observes-Vishnu, Destroys-Shiva
* The Great Indian Epics
Ramayana-The first Indian epic.
Mahabharata-Longest Epic in world literature with 100,000 two-line stanzas.
* Indus Valley Civilization- one of the world’s first great urban civilizations.
Harappa Civilization- 2700BC
* World’s first university in Takshila –700 B.C
Ayurveda- earliest school of medicine known to humans.
Sanskrit Language –most suitable for computer software.
* Yoga- Made in India
Origin –5000 BC,
Documented by Patanjali 200 BC – 300 AD
* Origin of Martial arts – 200 BC Kalarippayat
* 1700s – British invasion
* 15th August , 1947
* 26th January , 1950
* National Emblem "Satyamev Jayate" (“Truth alone triumphs”)
* National Animal - Tiger |
National Bird - Peacock |
National Flower - Lotus
* Great Indian Personalities
* Aryabhatta-Invented the Zero
* Mahatma Gandhi-Father of the nation, Embodiment of Non- Violence
* Swami Vivekananda-Champion of humanitarianism
* Ramanujam-Great Indian Mathematician Postulated and proved 3,542 theorems
* Rabindranath Tagore-1913 – Nobel Prize in Literature
* C.V Raman-1930 - Nobel Laureate in Physics Work on scattering of light and Raman effect
* Mother Teresa-1979 – Nobel Prize in Peace
* Har Gobind Khorana-1968 -
Nobel Laureate in Medicine Work on interpretation of the genetic code.
* Subramanyan Chandrasekhar-1983 -
Nobel Laureate in Physics Work on structure and evolution of stars
* Dance forms:
More than 45 folk dances
* 7 Classical Dance forms:
Bharata Natyam, Kathak, Kathakali, Kuchipudi, Manipuri, Mohini Attam, Odissi
* More than 15 vocal forms.
More than 60 music instruments
* India - God’s own country.
Celebrates more than 65 festivals
* Places of historic importance
Tirumala - Tirupati World’s richest temple
Saint Thomas Cathedral Statue of Virgin Mary brought from Portugal in 1543
The Golden Temple
Jamma Masjid The biggest mosque in India
Thousand pillar temple
Gateway of India
Jantar Mantar – 1716 Modernistic structures to observe the movement of stars
Mysore Palace Illuminated by 97,000 light bulbs
Buddha Statue Largest monolithic statue in Asia
Dal Lake Jewel in the crown of Kashmir
The Taj Mahal
Calcutta – City of joy
Cherrapunji - Wettest place on earth
* India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only. -Mark Twain
* We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.
- Albert Einstein